Commercial and Industrial Land Use Study
The Commercial and Industrial Land Use Study (CILUS) was approved by council on January 26, 2010. The CILUS report provides recommendations to meet the following goals and objectives:
- Quantify the demand for commercial and industrial land within the Municipality, both at present and in the future.
- Provide policy recommendations to promote development and identify appropriate future growth areas.
- Forecast the employment growth that will result from future commercial and industrial development.
- Examine the current land supply and determine where new commercial and industrial land will be needed in the future.
- Provide clear recommendations on the optimal future location and mix of industrial and commercial land in both urban and rural areas.
- Determine the biophysical suitability of the identified areas for future development.
- Look at the current Municipal and Provincial policy framework to determine if future supportive policies and/or guidelines are required for commercial and industrial development.
- Identify what modifications to existing policies will be required to support the projected growth.
- Develop three employment scenarios reflecting high, base and low economic growth to plan for the required infrastructure, housing, social services and community amenities.
CILUS Report (5 MB)