The Hearing Process
- The Chair will provide opening remarks, introduction of the Board and commentary on general housekeeping;
- Following the adoption of the Agenda, the Chair will call for the Clerk to introduce the appeal, mark the exhibits and call for any preliminary matters which will be addressed accordingly.
The Hearing Process
- The Clerk will introduce the appeal;
- Introduction of representatives for the Appellant and Municipality;
- The Municipality will present their evidence first
- This will be followed by questioning from the Appellant and then questions from the Board;
- The Appellant will then present their evidence;
- Followed by questioning from the Municipality and then questions from the Board;
- The Board will then hear from any persons in the audience that wish to comment  ;
- first those who have registered to speak in favour of the appeal , this means you agree with the appeal, you support the Appellant; and then
- those registered to speak against the appeal; this means you disagree with the appeal, you want the stop order upheld.
Guidelines for Participants
It is important to note there will be no cross-examination permitted at any time, all question must be directed through the Chair.
If you wish to speak, you must register with Clerk of the Board on or before 4 p.m. the day prior to the hearing (contact details below).
Remember to keep your comments clear and to the point, if someone has already said something, simply state you agree and continue on with your comment.
If you are part of a group of people sharing the same view, it is best to select one person to speak on your behalf.
At the conclusion of the hearing the Chair will provide closing remarks and the process to be followed with regard to issuing their decision.
No verbal decision will be communicated at the hearing, in compliance with the legislation a written decision along with the Boards reasons will issued and posted to the municipal website.
If you are not able to attend but wish to submit written comments, please email them to the Clerk on or before 4 p.m. the day prior to the hearing (contact details below)
ContactClerk of the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, Legislative Services,
9909 Franklin Avenue, Fort McMurray AB T9H 2K4
 Appellant: Individual, agent or business who has filed a Notice of Appeal.
Anyone else in the audience will be given 5 minutes to present their comments.