Access to Information and Privacy
Full Text: FOIP Act [Province of Alberta]
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is subject to Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
The FOIP Act provides that individuals have...
- the right to request access to records held by the Municipality,
- the right to access personal records about themselves held by the Municipality,
- the right to request correction to their personal information held by the Municipality,
- controls on the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, by the Municipality and
- the right to request an independent review by Alberta’s Information and Privacy Commissioner of decisions made under the FOIP Act.
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo endeavors to be as transparent as possible and makes general information available to the public through routine dissemination provided the information is neither subject to exemption from disclosure under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act nor contains personal information about other individuals.
The Municipality also has a duty to adhere to the FOIP Act when we collect, use and disclose personal information in the conduct of our programs and services and to protect this information.
Program Contact:Ronald Pelletier, Manager
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Branch
7th Floor, Jubilee Centre
9909 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray AB T9H 2K4