#1. Building Responsible Government
Goal: To ensure that the Municipality operates effectively and efficiently, by demonstrating accountability, integrity and transparency in all that it does.
From 2015-2017, a priority goal for Council is operational excellence in all areas of the Municipal government. The Municipality will continue to offer outstanding services in areas that are strong and will rebuild other areas by bringing in resources, and by offering training, due diligence and oversight.
Municipal staff will be supported so they can do the best job possible for residents of the Region. The Municipality will increase the internal capacity to carry out municipal development through improved procedures, enhancement of skills and knowledge of employees, better communication and improved information-sharing with partners throughout the region.
- Implement a governance model that fosters a leadership-based approach.
- Implement business delivery processes that enhance customer service for residents throughout the region.
- Ensure consistency and continuity of RMWB policies and procedures.
- Strengthen responsible financial management procedures.
- Enhance public engagement in all areas of municipal activities.
- Strengthen the organizational capacity to plan, self-assess, and report.
- Strengthen a positive work environment of trust and respect.
- Improve working relationships with other levels of government as well as Aboriginal stakeholders.
Projects to be completed by 2017
- Policy framework and policies approved and in place
- Governance structure established and functioning well.
- Recommendations for AIT audit implemented.