Advisory Committee on Aging
Seniors Survey Results
In 2015, the Advisory Committee on Aging undertook a public Seniors Survey, collecting in-person and online opinion on ways to address issues facing seniors in Wood Buffalo. You can download the results of those efforts below.
The Advisory Committee on Aging (ACOA) was created through RMWB Bylaw 14/021 on June 24, 2014.
The Committee’s mandate is to gather public input and make strategic recommendations to Council regarding service delivery for seniors. In late 2015, the ACOA and its partner agencies hosted a series of engagements to capture public input towards the Committee’s vision of Aging with Dignity in Wood Buffalo.
In addition to public engagement, the ACOA has, with Council approval, applied to the World Health Organization and began working toward the requirements for designation as an Age Friendly Community.
Aging affects everyone. We look forward to hearing from you about Aging with Dignity in Wood Buffalo.
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Councillor:
Linda Mywaart (Chair)
Golden Years Society:
Wood Buffalo Health Advisory Council:
Paul McWilliams (Vice-Chair)
Wood Buffalo Seniors Resource Committee:
Wood Buffalo Housing and Development Corporation:
- Bryan Lutes, former Wood Buffalo Housing and Development Corporation representative
- Dave Hodson, former Chair, Senior at Large (Urban)
- Karen MacMillian, former Wood Buffalo Senior Resource Committee representative
- To provide a forum for stakeholder input on strategies and service delivery issues affecting seniors
- To deal with matters referred to it by Council
- To make recommendations to Council
- To lead the RMWB in becoming an Age Friendly Community according to the World Health Organization
- The Committee will meet at the call of the Chair
- Meetings are currently held every second Thursday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
- Committee members will be required at promotional or engagement type functions
- The time commitment is seven to 10 hours per month, including meetings, engagements and email responses
- Must be 18 years of age; and
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Further information about the Advisory Committee on Aging may be obtained by contacting Steve Andrejiw, Project Lead, Age Friendly Communities, Neighborhood and Community Development at email@example.com or 780-799-8673, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office at 780-792-5511.