Communities in Bloom Committee
- Coordinating and assisting with established Communities in Bloom activities and programs. Participating in the development of future projects and programs that promote the goals of Communities in Bloom.
- Liaising with community groups, businesses and organizations.
- Promoting community beautification and volunteerism throughout the Region.
- As a team, organizing a presentation to Council summarizing the Committee’s annual achievements.
- Attending monthly events and volunteering for various Communities in Bloom programs and events.
One evening meeting per month
- Meetings are currently held on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 6-8 p.m. Attendance is required.
- Support of specific programs or special events – approximately two-three hours a month.
Additional time commitment may be required for the following activities:
- Spring Trade Show (April)
- Nominate your Neighbour Program (July to August)
- Communities in Bloom National Judges Visit (August)
- Nominate your Neighbour Program (November to December)
- Must be 18 years of age; and
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Further information about the Communities In Bloom Committee, may be obtained by contacting Seville Kwan, Community Strategies Coordinator, at email@example.com or 780-788-1489. You can also learn more online.