Community Services Committee
- Review and make recommendations to Council on culture, social and recreational initiatives and programs.
- Approve allocation of federal and provincial funds received as per the Community Plan on Homelessness and Community Development.
- To approve the allocation of funding grants, such as Games Legacy.
- Review and evaluate nominees to recognize individual or group contributions from citizens of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo through a recognition award and make recommendations to Council.
- Provide an update of approved funding allocations to Council.
- Meetings are held a minimum of four times per year and members are called as needed to assess applications received for the various programs. Meetings are typically two hours in duration.
- Must be 18 years of age; and
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Further information about the Community Services Committee may be obtained by contacting Judy Couture, Social Planning Co-ordinator, Community Services Department at email@example.com or 780-788-1628.