Land Planning and Development Advisory Committee
- To identify and assess options for redevelopment of municipally owned lands in the City block bounded by Franklin Avenue, MacDonald Avenue, Morrison Street and Main Street (and other municipal lands in the immediate area).
- To provide a written report to the Land Planning and Transportation Committee not later than February 10, 2016, containing recommendations for one or more alternatives to develop these lands in the event that a Sports and Entertainment Centre is not constructed at that location.
- To serve as a public advisory committee regarding any proposed statutory plans or amendments to existing statutory plans, any new or amendments to any outline plans throughout the Municipality.
- To consult with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Administration on and land matters within the Committee’s mandate.
- To deal with matters referred to it by Council.
- To make recommendations to the Land Planning and Transportation Committee.
- The Committee will meet at the call of the Chair.
- The Committee meetings regularly on Wednesdays at 4 p.m. at Timberlea Landing, 309 Powder Drive, Fort McMurray.
- Must be 18 years of age; and
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Council, to the best of its ability, will ensure that membership from the following groups will be represented on the Committee:
- one member from the Urban Development Institute;
- one member from the Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association;
- one member from the Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce;
- one member from the Fort McMurray Construction Association;
- one member from the Oil Sands Community Alliance;
- two members who are owners of commercial property or businesses in the downtown core of Fort McMurray;
Further information about the Land Planning and Development Advisory Committee may be obtained by contacting Jamie Doyle, Director, Planning and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-788-1591, or Keith Smith, Director, Land Administration, at email@example.com or 780-799-8651.