Wood Buffalo Regional Library Board
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Library Board is the legal entity that manages and controls the Wood Buffalo Regional Library. The Library Board operates within the legal framework set out the by the Alberta Government under the authority of the Libraries Act.
- To provide library service that meets the needs of the RMWB
- To create polices and plans that enable good library service and management of the library
- To obtain adequate funding and create budgets to plan the library’s expenditures
- To communicate with and respond to the community, and to municipal council
- To oversee the Library Director, giving direction and evaluation performance
- To promote and support the library, and to advocate on behalf of the library
- To stay informed of library issues, trends, and developments
Monthly meeting on the third Wednesday of the month, at 6 p.m., as well as preparation time – approximately three to four hours
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo; and
- Cannot be an employee of the Library.
Further information about the Library Board may be obtained by contacting Melissa Flett, Library Director (Acting), at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-743-7800. More information is also available on the library's website.