Submit your completed application form to email@example.com by Sept. 23, 2016.
[Click image for larger view]
2016-2017 MACOY RecruitementMACOY represents youth from our region.The goal of the recruitment strategy is to have balanced representation from all schools from grades 9-12 and/or youth connected to youth agencies.
To empower and engage youth in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo both actively and inclusively to make a significant difference in their community.
The purpose of MACOY is to empower youth to become actively engaged citizens who have a voice in decisions that affect them. MACOY members are champions of the community who work to improve the quality of life of all citizens.
Why Youth Should Join
- You will have the opportunity to make a significant difference in your community
- MACOY is a way to implement your ideas and to be heard
- You will be able to discuss topics you are passionate about and take action in the community
- You will be able to experience fun and free activities and opportunities
How to Join
- Fill out the MACOY Application Form
- Send the completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to submit an application is Sept. 23, 2016
- Speak with your school counselor.
Alumni & Past MACOY Groups
MACOY alumni are members that have gone through the ranks as MACOY members and have moved past our age/grades of eligibility. They remain committed to mentoring current members and assisting with projects and programs throughout the community. MACOY alumni are an amazing group of civic-minded youth. They have undertaken projects in the community that will make a significant impact in the lives of youth in Wood Buffalo! Here are some of the past projects MACOY members have worked on:
- MACOY 2014-2015
- MACOY 2013-2014
- MACOY 2012-2013
- MACOY 2011-2012
- MACOY 2010-2011
- MACOY 2009-2010
- 40 Developmental Assets
They are 40 of the most important values, qualities and experiences that young people need in their lives to become caring, competent and responsible. Learn more about 40 Developmental Assets.
Stay tuned for exciting news on the 40 Developmental Assets in our community!