Public Art Committee
- To make recommendations on the content of the Municipal Public Art Program.
- To promote and serve as an education resource for the Municipal Public Art Program.
- To provide expert guidance and advice with respect to creation, acquisition and installation of public art to various stakeholders and interested persons including land developers, public agencies and community groups.
- To review and approve a conservation plan and deaccession protocols for the maintenance of the Municipality’s public art collection.
- To submit an annual report of its activities to Council.
- Meetings will be held on a quarterly basis.
- Additional hours may be required outside of meetings to conduct research as requested by the chair.
- The Members of the Committee will be appointed by Council for a three-year term, for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
Four of the seven members will have experience in one or more of the following professions:
- Art Educators
- Arts Administrators
- Arts Consultants
- Art Historians
- Heritage Professionals
- Architects, Landscape Architects and Graphic Design Professionals
- Business or Industry
- Must be 18 years of age; and
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Further information about the Public Art Committee may be obtained by contacting Kizzie Sutton, Community Strategies Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-743-7984, as well as visiting the Public Art section of this website.