Wood Buffalo Housing and Development Corporation Board
- Commitment to the work of the Wood Buffalo Housing & Development Corporation
- Previous experience serving on a board of a small- to medium-sized corporation with the scope and magnitude of WBHDC
- Management level knowledge and/or experience in one or more areas of Board governance; stakeholder relations (government and community relations); finance; construction/development; communications/employee relations; social/community service; public relations/marketing; and legal expertise
- Attendance at Board Meetings
- Attendance at meetings of assigned Committees
- Support of Board related initiatives
- A sense of social vision relative to housing needs within the community
- Develop governance functions that facilitate outcomes geared towards guiding an organized, effective and cohesive Board as they move forward.
- Develop, approve (where appropriate) and monitor all Board policies.
- Participate in the development and annual review of the 3 year business plan.
- Approve the annual operating and capital budgets as presented by the President/CEO.
- Approve the hiring and release of the President/CEO.
- Support and participate in evaluating the President/CEO.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, Committees, Council, the community at large; including residents of affordable housing facilities.
- Preparation, reading, research, board & committee meetings, special events/workshops: 10 or more hours per month.
- Leadership positions (board executive, committee chair): five additional hours per month.
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo;
- Must not be an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo; and
- Must not be an employee of Wood Buffalo Housing & Development Corporation.
Note: Due to the complex nature of the Corporation and the time commitment required, preference will be given to individuals who are not currently sitting on more than one board.
Further information about the Wood Buffalo Housing & Development Corporation may be obtained by contacting Laurie Parker, Manager Corporate Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-799-4049.