[Click images for larger views.]
2015 Transit Revenue and Ticket Sales
Rural Passenger Counts Sept. — Dec. 2015
2015 (May 22 — Dec. 31) SMART Bus Fares
2015 (May 22 — Dec. 31) SMART Bus Ridership
Specialized Transportation 2015
Provides a safe, reliable and affordable means of travel within the Region for our residents. Transit Services links communities together within the Municipality. Public transit is designed to improve a community’s quality of life and helps enable the Region to adapt to varying degrees of growth in a fiscally responsible manner.
Department Key Services
- Conventional Transit Services
- Special Mobility Assistance Required Transportation (PARA-Transit) Bus Service
- Shelter Maintenance
- Transit Fleet Services
- Technical Training
Goal 1: Building a Responsible Government
- Objective: Objective: Implement business delivery modes that enhance customer service for residents throughout the Region.
- Objective: Strengthen a positive work environment of trust and respect.
Goal 2: Building Balanced Regional Services
- Objective: Strengthen regional service delivery quality.
- Objective: Strengthen service delivery monitoring practices.
- Transit Plan.
Goal 5: Building a Reliable Transportation Network
- Objective: Enhance systematic collaboration with the Province and the industry to improve regional transportation.
- Objective: Improve transportation infrastructure to meet industry, business and resident mobility needs.
- Objective: Ensure balanced and sustainable regional transit services that have flexibility to accommodate regional needs.
- Transit Plan and active transportation components included in the Transportation master plan.
Goal 6: Building a Sustainable Region
- Objective: Protect the natural environment.
Achievements (Aug 2015 – Sept 2016)
- Transit Master Plan
- Transported and evacuated the community during the wild fires and returned residents.
- Right sized the transit system by implementing efficiencies and route optimization
- Significantly improved fleet maintenance
- Highly effective and collaborative team
- Significant reduction in fuel, lowered the cost of operations
- Transportation for all major municipal events including the Summer Games, Northern Kick Off, and concerts
Major Business Initiatives (2017)
- Begin implementation of the ITS (Intelligent Transportation System) including real time rider information.
- Dial-A-Bus implementation
- Expansion of transit services to Janvier, Conklin, Anzac, Fort McKay, Gregoire Lake
- New 5 year capital bus shelter project
- New transit terminal downtown
- Support culture and employee wellness initiatives