Adopt-A-Rink Application Form
Volunteer to help maintain a skating rink in your neighborhood.
You can learn more about Jubilee Plaza, which also features an ice surface for leisure skating (no hockey) when weather permits.
Boarded rinks are built and maintained by the municipality. Weather permitting, municipal boarded rinks operate from mid-December until spring.
Note: Parks Services closes each rink daily for flooding and regular maintenance. After regular maintenance, the rinks will remain closed until frozen (approximately one to three hours, depending on weather).
AbasandFather Beauregard School on Athabasca Avenue - Closed for the season - [ Map] Please note nets will not be present.
Jubilee PlazaCorner of Hardin Street and MacDonald Avenue - Closed for the season [Map]
ThickwoodSignal Road at Hinge Bay Park - Closed for the season [Map]Please note nets will not be present.
TimberleaBrett Drive between Timberlea and St. Anne's Schools - Closed for the season [Map]
TimberleaSyncrude Athletic Park - Closed for the season [Map]
TimberleaStone Creek Rink - Closed for the season [Map]
WaterwaysBulyea Avenue - Closed for the season [Map]
GregoireGreely Road School - Closed for the season [Map] Please note nets will not be present.
Syncrude Clubhouse Skate Room
Come check out the newly opened skate room in the Syncrude Clubhouse at Syncrude Athletic Park. Open 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, except on statutory holidays. It's a great spot to lace up or warm up while you're out for a skate at the outdoor rink.
[Click image to enlarge.]
Boarded Rural Rinks are:
- Saprae Creek Boarded Rink - Closed for the season
- Vista Ridge All Seasons Park - Closed for the season [Map]
- Anzac Boarded Rink - Closed for the season [Map]
- Conklin Boarded Rink - Closed for the season [Map]
- Janvier Boarded Rink - Closed for the season [Map]
Guidelines for use
- Please use the area safely and responsibly because the rink is unsupervised.
- It is recommended that everyone wear a helmet and protective equipment while skating.
- Respect one another and the rink at all times (i.e. no foul or offensive language, be considerate of noise levels).
- Do not play rough on or near the ice and please do not eat, drink or smoke on or within 10 metres of the ice surface.
- Puck should be kept below the knees at all times — no slap shots. (Note: Hockey is not permitted on the ice at Jubilee Plaza.)
- Please place garbage in cans.
- Please leave the ice when asked to do so by staff/volunteers for maintenance.
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is not responsible for any injuries or damages that may occur on outdoor rinks and reserves the right to close the rink or remove any person(s) from it.
For more information, please contact the Parks office at 780-799-5832.