Presentations & Tours
Fire Safety Presentations
The Fire Prevention Branch delivers informational presentations to a variety of groups. We will try our best to accommodate every speaking engagement request. For a specific request, please email the Public Education Officer.
Fire Extinguisher Training
What is fire extinguisher training?
- Regional Emergency Services provides fire extinguisher training to various industry and community groups within the Municipality.
- Training sessions are available between April 15 and October 31.
- All sessions are held at Fire Hall 5, 200 Airport Road, Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Each session is limited to 12 people.
What is required for fire extinguisher training?
- Session must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
- One five-pound extinguisher for every two people is required.
- Names of all participants must be given when booking the session.
What is the cost?
- $30 per student (student supplied fire extinguisher)
- $50 per student (fire department supplied fire extinguisher)
How do I register?
Please contact the Fire Prevention Branch to register, see below for information.
Fire Hall Tours
Tours of local fire halls are available upon request. Hall tours last approximately 45 minutes, and include viewing the fire apparatus and firefighting equipment, as well as talking to the firefighters about their everyday job. The tours are offered to community groups and schools with a maximum of 25 people. All participants must be over the age of five for hall tours. For every five children attending, one supervisor is required.
Please note that when a tour is scheduled, firefighters may have to respond to an emergency and may not be available to interact with the group.
To request a hall tour, please download a Request Form.
For more information please contact the Fire Prevention Branch at 780-792-5519 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.