Environmental Services Department
The Environmental Services department provides diligent, reliable and effective environmental services for the region, including water distribution, solid waste collection and disposal, landfill management, waste water and storm water collection and treatment. The department works with operational and supporting departments to continually improve the efficiency and sustainability of these essential services and surpass regulatory standards.
The Environmental Services department comprises the following branches:
Solid Waste Services
The Solid Waste Services branch operates and maintains all municipal solid waste handling facilities, including the landfill. It protects the environment and residents by collecting and disposing of solid waste and recycling. The municipal landfill is located approximately 8.5 km south on Highway 63.
Landfill, refuse collection and recycling inquiries: 780-743-7947
The Trades Services branch provides preventative service, maintenance and repair to Environmental Services facilities and equipment to ensure their reliable operation.
The Wastewater Treatment branch operates and maintains all municipal wastewater and storm water treatment facilities. The wastewater treatment plant is located at 820 Memorial Drive.
Wastewater treatment inquiries: 780-791-0326
Provides sufficient, reliable and safe supply of potable water to customers and maintains all municipal potable water treatment facilities. The water treatment plant is located at 1 Silin Forest Road.
Water treatment inquiries: 780-799-0462
The Underground Services (UGS) branch is responsible for all municipal potable water distribution systems, as well as waste and storm water collection systems.
There are two water truck fill locations: one at the water treatment plant, and one at the waste water treatment plant.
Water quality, sewer backup or meter inquiries: 780-799-5823
To obtain access to the water truck fills: 780-743-7975
The Sustainable Operations branch serves our community by improving the efficiency and strengthening the delivery of core municipal services while protecting the natural environment.
The branch supports the improvement of services such as water treatment, waste management and maintenance of infrastructure by implementing leading practices and sustainable initiatives.
These efforts focus on enhancing customer service, realizing cost savings, improving operational efficiency and maintaining excellent regulatory compliance. B
y leveraging in-house innovation and leadership, the Sustainable Operations branch drives the change that establishes the Municipality as a model for sustainable living in the North.
Sustainable Operations is committed to multi-discipline cross-functional collaboration. Projects may, and do, transition in and out of various branches depending on the knowledge and experience required to provide a detailed and thoroughly explored solution. The branch supports and advises other organizational/operational groups and lends its expertise in cross-functional teams and organizational initiatives.
In early 2015, Sustainable Operations was formed and two branches were created within this new department:
- Establish the Municipality’s Sustainable Operations Department as a community leader in environmental knowledge and application.
- Support diversification of industry through the physical application of sustainability within the Municipality to provide for a "post oil-sands" community.
- Provide regulatory project and operations support.
- Identify regulatory approval and permitting needs for projects and provide advice, recommendations and clarification.
- Work with internal and external organizations to provide for clean air, water, and soil for RMWB residents.
- Provide for process improvement and optimization
- Lead the measurement and monitoring of Operational Excellence at a strategic level.
- Develop, create and support implementation of performance measurement processes, systems and tools.
- In collaboration with management personnel, define key performance indicators.
- Lead the measurement and monitoring of organizational performance at a strategic level.
- Provide for operational improvement and optimization
- Collaborate with operational groups to identify improvement opportunities and inventory needs.
- Support operational groups by working together to develop solution-based approaches to improve daily operations and enhance services.
- Support operations in driving improved results, optimized service, financial savings, and streamlined operations.
- Provide support and deliverables for the operations teams based on strong technical knowledge, leading industry solutions and innovative approaches.