The Human Resources department provides professional human resources (HR) services in support of the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
The Human Resources department comprises the following branches:
Health & Safety
- Health and safety programs and injury prevention strategies.
- Disability management and return to work.
- Interpretation and advice on OH&S legislation.
- Short-term, long-term, and WCB claims administration.
Labour & Employee Relations
- Interpretation, application and administration of employment law, the collective agreements, and human resources policies and procedures.
- Administration of collective agreements’ grievance/arbitration process and other dispute resolution processes.
- Creation of collective bargaining mandates and negotiation of collective agreements.
- Labour and employee relations training and first point of contact for the provision of generalist support to individuals responsible for supervising employees.
Learning, Development and Training
- Business system, safety and other compliance program development and training.
- Consultation and strategies to support individual, small and large group facilitation.
- Support to departments on curriculum development and delivery strategies.
- Employee and organizational development (including employee feedback and change leadership).
- Needs assessment and development and delivery of systems, safety, and soft skills programs to meet needs.
- Recruitment on/off boarding services.
- Personnel file management.
- Position control and organizational structure maintenance.
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation strategies and program management.
- Benefits, leaves and pension strategies and administration.
- Strategic HR projects
- Rewards, recognition, and related attraction retention strategies
- SAP data entry of personnel and benefits information.
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is committed to being an employer of choice by valuing our people, safety and wellness, and excellence in rewards, compensation and recognition.
We will be happy to address any general employment questions or comments you may have.
5th Floor, Jubilee Centre
9909 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 2K4
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed on statutory holidays.
Phone: 780-799-5813 or 780-799-5833
See our current Employment Opportunities