[Click images for larger views.]
GIS Requests Completed
Documents Added to Open Text
Number of PC Moves
SAP Defects Resolved
Number of Service Desk Tickets Received and Closed, January - June 2016
To be a business advisory and information technology (IT) organizational partner helping to create and support efficient and effective municipal operations. The department provides business advisory and IT support services that include tools, technology, information and analytics to assist in managing knowledge, meeting regulatory requirements, building internal competencies and improving corporate accountability. The department is responsible for all information technology hardware, business application software, physical communications, information security and availability.
Department Key Services
- IT Governance Services
- Business Engagement
- Infrastructure Services
- Information Services
- Application Services
Goal 1: Building a Responsible Government
- Objective: Implement business delivery modes that enhance customer service for residents throughout the Region.
- Objective: Ensure consistency and continuity of RMWB policies and procedures.
- Objective: Strengthen responsible financial Management procedures.
- Objective: Strengthen organizational capacity to plan, self-assess and report.
Achievements (Aug 2015 – Sept 2016)
- Fire map tool providing an aerial view of homes before and after the wildfire
- Capital Project Framework business process improvement
- Upgraded and extended connectivity for residents and municipal staff located in rural hamlets
- Regional Emergency Services System enhancements
- Business Licensing Module implemented – completed during wildfire
- Pulse Application enhancements – completed during wildfire
- Inspector Application implemented
Major Business Initiatives (2017)
- New modules in finance area to be implemented
- Continue to establish IT Governance Model
- Continue to develop business process mapping and Standard Operating Procedures
- Continue standardization of enterprise information and records management system
- Continue to update information backup program
- Detailed assessment of Assessment & Taxation System
- Improvement to PULSE system to incorporate Citizen Portal
- Support culture and employee wellness initiatives
- Improved processes, systems, and applications that directly improve corporate capacity to achieve its daily operations and planning
- Improve the architecture and related processes, systems, and infrastructure towards technology