[Click images for larger views.]
Fleet Services Equipment 2015
Regional Outdoor Facilities/Amenities 2015
Potholes Filled 2015
Municipal Road Data 2015
Provides services to its customers in the areas of Fort Chipewyan Hamlet Operational Services, Fleet Services, Parks and Road Maintenance. The department is committed to delivering exemplary service in a proactive, operationally efficient, and cost effective manner that addresses the needs of the Municipality through engagement with members of the community and effective communication.
Department Key Services
- Road Maintenance (with Traffic Services)
- Fort Chipewyan Hamlet Operational Services Branch (including Fort Chipewyan Community Services)
Goal 1: Building a Responsible Government
- Objective: Implement business delivery modes that enhance customer service for residents throughout the Region.
- Customer responsiveness program — implement data management system for Public Works
- Objective: Strengthen a positive work environment of trust and respect.
Goal 2: Building Balanced Regional Services
- Objective: Strengthen regional service delivery quality.
- Objective: Strengthen service delivery monitoring practices.
Goal 6: Building a Sustainable Region
- Objective: Protect the natural environment.
- Objective: Reduce and enable the reduction of carbon footprint in the Region.
Goal 7: Building a Healthy and Active Lifestyle
- Objective: Encourage the use of region’s recreational and community facilities, including natural amenities.
Achievements (Aug 2015 – Sept 2016)
- Successful implementation and completion of winter maintenance zones
- Maximization of signal timing to improving traffic flow on arterial roads
- Continued to maintain services in all branches after the wildfire as well as support the recovery team
- Completion of Real Martin Drive Cemetery
- Completion of building new and life-cycling of existing outdoor recreational facilities:
- New bike park
- Upgraded four tennis courts
- Upgraded Ross Hennigar Ball Diamonds
- New Dr K.P. Wong Spray Park
- New School Outdoor Classroom (Westview/Westwood)
Major Business Initiatives (2017)
- Summer maintenance of rural areas within Urban Service Area
- Support initiatives/projects from the Wood Buffalo Recovery Committee
- Implement automated vehicle locator system in fleet vehicles (pending 2017 budget approval)
- Develop new Wildfire Mitigation Strategy based on recent events and community needs.
- Implement Phase 2A Birchwood Trails Conn Creek Fuel Modification Project
- Parks Master Plan
- Summer Road Maintenance