Notice: Trails Closed
The Birchwood Trails are closed while tree removal continues as part of the FireSmart program. Crews have blocked access to the perimeter trails from the neighbourhood connectors until further notice. Residents are advised to observe all barricades and temporary signage. Residents are asked to avoid areas where work is ongoing.
You can walk, run or bike along more than 130 kilometres of maintained trails in Fort McMurray, known as the Birchwood Trails.
While enjoying the trails, please observe the following:
- Use the trails at your own risk, and share the trails with other users.
- For safety, helmets are required for bike riders. (Bylaw 99/028).
- No motorized vehicles permitted unless authorized by special permit (Bylaw 98/078).
- No littering (Bylaw 07/043).
- All pets must be leashed (Bylaw 02/031). Please pick-up after your pets.
- Fires are not permitted (Bylaw 99/028).
- No person shall carry or discharge a firearm while on the trails (Bylaw 967).
Please direct questions and concerns regarding the trails to RMWB Parks at 780-799-5832.