Use of Parks and Trails - Rules and Tips
For your safety, please use these rules and guidelines when using parks and trails.
- No motorized vehicles permitted in parks or on trails unless authorized by special permit (By-Law #98/078).
- No littering (By-Law #07/043).
- Helmets are required for your safety (Bylaw #99/028).
- All pets must be leashed (Bylaw #02/031) except in off-leash dog parks. Please pick up after your pets.
- No hunting or firearms. No person shall discharge or carry a firearm while on the trails (Bylaw #967 ). Please report any infraction to Bylaw Services at (780) 788-4000.
- Fires are not permitted on trails (Bylaw #99/028).
- Call (780) 799-5832 to report a hazard or other unsafe condition.
- Use the trails at your own risk, and share the trails with other users.
- The trails are unsupervised. The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is not responsible for loss, damage or injury arising from trail use.
- You may encounter wildlife, including bears, on the trails. Please visit the following links on wildlife safety from Alberta Sustainable Resource Development:
- In the wintertime, check the weather report and advisories before heading out. Dress in layers to keep warm and dry.
- When there is snow on the ground, please walk and run on the side opposite the classic ski tracks and clear of the skate lane in the middle of the trail. On hills, yield the right of way to descending skiers.
- Sledding and snowboarding on trails is prohibited.
- Avoid using the trails during icy conditions.
Please direct questions and concerns regarding parks and trails to the Parks Branch Office at (780) 799-5832.
Wildfire Rebuild [Learn more]