Accounts Payable is a service unit of the Finance Division within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Accounts Payable is responsible for paying all invoices for goods and services purchased by the Municipality. In addition, Accounts Payable ensures the Municipality adheres to corporate financial policies.
Invoicing the RMWB: The Process
- Vendor sends invoice directly to RMWB Accounts Payable Department
- Invoice is received in the Accounts Payable Department
- Invoice is date stamped and distributed to the AP clerk
- AP clerk will review invoice and key all information into RMWB’s system
- Invoice will be linked to a PO and the system will determine the next steps\
- If the invoice is a goods receipt it will match a receiving document and the invoice will be ready for the next payment run.
- If the invoice is a service it will be electronically sent to the approver of the invoice, once the approver reviews the invoice and approves electronically, the invoice is ready for the next payment run.
- Payment runs are scheduled weekly (Thursdays)
- Cheques are released on Fridays (mailed)
All invoices must be submitted via mail or email to:
9909 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2K4
... or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proper Format for Invoices
Here samples of acceptable Invoices:
4th floor, Jubilee Centre
9909 Franklin Ave.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.