Supply Chain Management
[Click images for larger views.]
Number of Vendors Added to the Registry
Average Payment Term for Invoices 2015
Number of Invoices Processed
Number of Public Opportunities Posted
Spend with Business Community in 2015
Total Spend per Month/Annually 2015
Provides support to our clients and stakeholders to meet the current and future needs of the Municipality in a cost effective and timely manner through accountable, fair, open and transparent processes in accordance with the policies, procedures and relative trade agreements.
Department Key ServicesProcurement
- Responsible for the purchase of goods and services in a cost effective manner, in a publicly accountable, open and transparent process.
- Responsible for paying all invoices for goods and services purchased by the Municipality in a timely manner.
- Stocks up to 10,000 items to support inventory requirements for internal municipal departments.
- Set baseline metrics for Supply Chain Management, and then assist in implementing strategies to improve overall performance based on these starting point measurements.
Goal 1: Building a Responsible Government
- Objective: Implement business delivery modes that enhance customer service for residents throughout the Region.
- Objective: Strengthen organizational capacity to plan, self-assess and report.
- Objective: Strengthen a positive work environment of trust and respect.
- Objective: Improve systematic collaboration with other levels of government and other regional stakeholders, including the Indigenous community.
Goal 3: Building a Vibrant Economy Together
- Objective: Obtain materials and services at a competitive price, including social procurement considerations.
- Vendor Registry developed
- Social Procurement Framework developed and implemented
Achievements (Aug 2015 – Sept 2016)
- Implemented vendor self-registration database
- Updated internet page to educate stakeholders and improve access to information and transparency of overall supply chain governance
- Approved to proceed with a Social Procurement Framework
- Set up Fleet and Transit parts inventory to reduce shortages and excess inventory levels
- Successfully implemented the barcoding system providing efficiencies in inventory planning
Major Business Initiatives (2017)
- Implementation of a Social Procurement Framework pilot
- Exploration of an Indigenous procurement strategy
- Reviewing business intelligence system alternatives for ease of reporting
- Evaluating different contract management tools
- Supporting recovery team needs as required.
- Managing significant spike in bid solicitations requests (RFPs, Tenders) because of delays resulting from the Wildfire
- Support culture and employee wellness initiatives