Communications and Stakeholder Relations
[Click images for larger views.]
2015 Facebook Followers
2015 Key Visitor Sources
Total Engagements by Type Q1-Q3 2016
2015 Twitter Followers
2015 Website Traffic
Winter Maintenance Zones 2015
Is responsible for maintaining the Municipality’s corporate image, providing strategic communications, proactive issues management, community engagement, advertising and creative design, web and social media management. The Department ensures that information relating to the Municipality is strategic, tied to organizational goals, and easily accessible to residents and employees.
Department Key ServicesStrategic Communications
- Responsible for internal and external communications.
- Oversees media relations, corporate social media and strategic communication planning.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and measuring public engagement in the urban services area.
- Coordinates municipal approach to stakeholder relations; recommends strategic and collaborative responses to mitigate social risk.
- Responsible for maintaining the Municipality’s brand standards and corporate identity.
- Designs and produces material to support municipal communication campaigns.
Goal 1: Building a Responsible Government
- Objective: Strengthen business delivery modes that enhance customer service for residents throughout the Region.
- Objective: Ensure consistency and continuity of RMWB policies and procedures.
- Objective: Enhance public engagement in all key areas of Municipal activities.
- Objective: Strengthen a positive work environment of trust and respect.
- Objective: Improve systematic collaboration with other levels of government and other regional stakeholders, including the Indigenous community.
Achievements (Aug 2015 – Sept 2016)
- Community engagement to support decision-making on downtown lands RDP, Winter Maintenance Zones (WMZs), Place making and a variety of other Municipal projects
- Crisis communications support to Regional Emergency Operations Centre (REOC) during the wildfire event
- Strategic communications and engagement, leadership and support to Recovery Committee and Task Force
- Ground breaking and ribbon cutting policy
Major Business Initiatives (2017)
- Department functions aligned to deliver strategic communications services
- Public Engagement, Social Media and Media policies
- Crisis Communications plan
- Recovery Engagement and Communications strategies
- Culture communications strategy
- Manage speaking engagements for Wildfire/Recovery
- New Municipal web site launch
- New Intranet design
- Updated Municipal Graphic Standards Guidelines
- Photo and Graphics Library online
- Integrated and enhanced Customer Service model including Pulse and social media portals, with Key Performance Indicators
- Support issues management process for the Municipality