Bylaw Services Weekly Update: March 20-26, 2017: Crosswalk Safety
(Fort McMurray, AB – March 17, 2017) – Residents are reminded to use designated crosswalks when crossing municipal roadways and to refrain from jaywalking. Under the Roads and Transportation Bylaw No. 02/079, jaywalking is an offence that creates a safety hazard for you, motorists, as well as other pedestrians. Persons observed crossing highways/roadways may be subject to the associated penalty.
For more information about municipal bylaws, visit rmwb.ca/bylaw.
Photo radar vehicles will be located near the following areas for week of March 20-26, 2017:
- Highway 69
- Confederation Way
- Ross Haven Drive
- Eagle Ridge Boulevard
- MacKenzie Boulevard
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
NEW photo radar locations:
- Callen Drive
- Coventry Drive
- Heritage Drive
- Christina Gordon Public School
- St. Kateri Catholic School
- Walter and Gladys Hill Public School
To view a list of photo radar locations, please visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems are active at the following intersections:
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
We ask motorists to be mindful of posted speed limits and to obey traffic signals.