How to Respond to Basement Flooding
Cleaning the House After a Flood
Information from Alberta Health Services on how to safely clean a house affected by basement flooding.
A number of homes have reported basement flooding due the rainfall on July 31, 2016. Here are steps that can help affected residents get through this:
- Report the issue to the Municipality’s Pulse Line at 780-743-7000.
- If you are concerned about your drinking water system in your house or if your water meter was submersed with flood water, please contact the Municipality’s Underground Services Branch at780-799-5823 to arrange for drinking water testing.
- Contact your insurance provider to start a claim. For further assistance, the Municipality’s Insurance Services can be reached at 780-793-1145.
- Document your damages before you throw anything away. Your insurance provider should provide direction on this and may send an adjuster to assist.
- After the damages are documented, begin your clean-up. Keep all receipts for costs incurred during the clean-up process for insurance claim purposes.
- Your insurance company or the Municipality’s Insurance Services will contact you regarding your claim. For further assistance, the Municipality’s Insurance Services can be reached at 780-793-1145.