Following the successful demolition clean-up, the Municipal Landfill’s hours of operations for commercial haulers are being scaled back, effective Friday, Sept. 30, 2016. Tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016, will be the last night the landfill will operate through the evening and will then be open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for both residents and commercial haulers.
The Municipality has reduced the landfill’s hours to reflect the reduced amount of daily incoming commercial haul traffic after 8 p.m. The Municipality also reports that demolition cleanup by SPECS is on schedule to meet the Sept. 30 deadline. As of Sept. 27, 2016, 548 demolition inspections have been completed.
Tipping fees continue to be waived for residential household waste until Oct. 31, 2016, while commercial haulers are required to follow the landfill weigh scale requirements below.
Landfill Weigh Scale Requirements
- A Fort McMurray Business License is required to set up an account for landfill use. This must be done in person at Timberlea landing.
For more information about the new business licensing process, please visit rmwb.ca/businesslicensing or contact Planning and Development Business Licensing at email@example.com or visit their office at 309 Powder Drive.
To create an account, call 780-743-7975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each vehicle must be registered. Weights cannot be used on other vehicles even if they are the same type and the same truck must haul the same trailer. Be sure to notify the scale house of any changes as then a new registration will be needed including a weigh-in and weigh-out.
- If a ticket is required on the stored rate, the driver must request it at the time of entry or will need to come back for it prior to leaving.
- There is no stopping past the scales or on roadways.
- There is no third party billing.
- Drivers must obey road signage, traffic lights and flag people while arriving, using or leaving the landfill.
- Drivers should clearly state the load they are carrying.
- Out-of-town haulers must have a clean and visible non-resident sticker applied to their driver side window or door for scale house cashiers to see.
- Vehicles NOT permitted in the landfill cell for safety reasons are end dumps, trucks and wagons, trucks and pups or side dumps. Vehicles PERMITTED at the landfill are tandem gravel trucks, roll-off trucks and bins, and live bottom trailers.
- After dumping their load, registered trucks and trailers can exit the landfill, via the main scale house, to get onto Highway 63.
- For more information on the RMWB scalehouse process and landfill requirements, contact: email@example.com.
For more information on the Municipal landfill, please visit rmwb.ca/garbage.