Fire Ban in Place Across the Municipality: Learn More
 > Home > Living > Frequently Asked Questions > Municipal Government

Municipal Government

  1. How do I contact the Mayor?

    For information about how to write to, phone or e-mail the Mayor, please see Contact Mayor Melissa Blake.

  2. How do I contact a member of Council?

  3. Can I get a copy of the Minutes from the last meeting or the agenda for next week?

    Minutes and agendas are both found on the Council Meetings page.

    The agenda for Council meetings is posted the Friday before the meeting is held. The unapproved Minutes are available approximately seven days after the meeting.

  4. When does Council meet?

    Regional Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Jubilee Centre Council Chambers at 9909 Franklin Avenue. A recess is usually scheduled from mid-July to mid-August and from mid-December to mid-January. For upcoming meetings, see our Events Calendar.

  5. How can I make a presentation to Council?

    Presentations may be requested by completing and submitting the Presentation Request Form to Legislative and Legal Services by noon on the Wednesday preceding the meeting.  Please note that the request is reviewed by the Agenda Review Committee and may be approved, referred or declined.

  6. How do I run for office?

    In order to run for municipal office, you must be a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years of age and reside in the Municipality for at least six months preceding the election.  Candidates seeking office must be nominated by a minimum of five electors (eligible voters) from the area that they will serve. For more information, visit the Government of Alberta

  7. How often is a Municipal election held?

    Municipal elections are held once every four years on the third Monday in October.

Wildfire Rebuild  [Learn more]

Winter Maintenance Zones are relaxed [Learn more]