Get Involved : Communities in Bloom Committee
Get involved with Wood Buffalo Communities in Bloom by becoming a volunteer. Whether your time commitment is with the committee, or as a casual event volunteer – your helping hand is always appreciated!
Wood Buffalo Communities in Bloom participates in numerous events throughout the region each year. The time commitment is up to you to choose! Assist the committee with a variety of tasks including; packaging Flower of the Year seeds, volunteering at an event, recognizing homes in the Nominate your Neighbour program, and many many more.
Communities in Bloom Committee Member
Join the committee and be an instrumental voice in creating environmental awareness, encouraging community beautification and generating civic pride.
- Coordinating and assisting with established Communities in Bloom activities and programs
- Participating in the development of future projects and programs that promote the goals of Communities in Bloom
- Liaising with community groups, businesses and organizations
- Promoting community beautification, and volunteerism throughout the region
- As a team, organizing a presentation to Council summarizing our annual achievements
- Attending monthly events, and volunteering for various Communities in Bloom programs and events
- One evening meeting per month – Meetings are currently held on the fourth
- Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Attendance is required.
- Support of specific programs or events, approximately 2-3 hours per month
- Additional time commitment may be required for the following activities:
- Spring Trade Show – April
- Canada Day Parade – July
- Nominate your Neighbour Program - July to August
- Communities in Bloom National Judges Visit – August
- Santa Claus Parade – November
- Nominate your Neighbour Program – November to December
To apply to be a Communities in Bloom board member, visit www.rmwb.ca/boards.
For more information about volunteering for Communities in Bloom, please contact us at 780-788-1489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.