Sign Up Online
2015 Photo Contest Winners
The Municipality is here to help you team up with your friends, family, coworkers and neighbours to create a litter-free Wood Buffalo. You can volunteer at any time to clean up a park, green space, block, trail or roadway in your area, working on a schedule that is convenient for you. Visit our registration page to pick the place, time and location so that we can provide your supplies, including yellow garbage bags, gloves and litter picking sticks.
2016 Fall Campaign: Sept. 1 to Sept. 18
Last year, over 1,000 volunteers registered for the annual Fall Community Cleanup Campaign.
Pick and Click Photo Contest
Show us your team cleanup photos! Submit your photos for a chance to win one of three prize packages.
Adopt-A-Trail / Adopt-A-Roadway Program
Adopt a section of trail or green space along municipal roadways. Bags, gloves and picker sticks are supplied. Safety vests are available upon request.
You can apply online now for the 2016 Adopt-A-Trail/Roadway season.
Tips For Conducting a Safe Cleanup
- Visit your site and assess it for possible hazards. What can you do to minimize any dangers?
- Wear gloves during your clean up.
- Youth under 18 must wear safety goggles when using the graffiti removing wipes.
- Do not pick up any dangerous items including broken glass and discarded needles.
- Volunteers are discouraged from cleaning along all highways.
- Be very careful around parked cars and driveways.
- Call 780-788-1489 to arrange for the pick up of bags.
- Wash hands thoroughly when completed.
For more information on Community Cleanup Programs, call 780-788-1489 or email email@example.com.