Community Capital Grant
The Community Capital Grant program is used to support the construction, expansion or renovation of recreational, social and cultural facilities in the region. Community Capital Grants are executed through agreements with community groups and non-profit organizations that operate the facilities.
Grant funding is available to support facilities that:
- Are owned by the Municipality and operated by a community group or non-profit organization (asset implications for the Municipality).
- Are owned and operated by community groups and organizations directly (no asset implications for the Municipality).
The Community Capital Grant helps funded organizations meet community needs and goals as identified by the Municipality through the Community and Protective Services Department Business Plan, the 2015-2017 Council-approved Strategic Plan and the Regional Indoor Recreation and Community Facilities Master Plan.
Approved Uses of Grant Funds
Solely for expenses associated with the approved capital project.
- Costs funded under other grant programs
- Debt principal payment
- Interest payments
- Loan fees
- Activities deemed ineligible by the Municipality on a case-by-case basis
- Operational expenses
To ensure accountability, the Municipality requires semi-annual and year-end reporting, including updated project outcomes and financial statements from the funded group or organization.
It must identify outcomes from a financial perspective (e.g., financial statements, revenue and expenditure details from prior years). Specific financial reporting requirements will be determined by grant thresholds.
- Less than $100,000 — Summary of revenue and expenditures
- $100,000 to $499,999 — Minimum review engagement and financial statements
- More than $500,000 — Audited financial statements
Failure to comply with these reporting requirements may affect future funding.
Community and Protective Services Department
9909 Franklin Ave.
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2K4