Urban Market Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Urban Market located?
The Urban Market is located at Jubilee Plaza, right beside City Hall at 9909 Franklin Avenue, Fort McMurray. [View map]
Who is eligible to be a vendor?
The Fort McMurray Urban Market is an Approved Alberta Farmers’ Market and, as such, 80 per cent of the product mix at the market must be made, baked, or grown within the province of Alberta.
What about the other 20 per cent?
The Urban Market team has full discretion to determine the eligibility of the other 20 per cent. Priority will be given to:
- Out-of-province farmers or seafood re-sellers
- Made, baked or grown products outside of Alberta
- RMWB original business (one of a kind to the area)
What products/vendor are not eligible?
- Used or flea market products
- Chain establishments
- Networking marketing companies/catalog sale
What are the requirements?
- Application package
- Business insurance (see below on how to get insurance)
- The necessary equipment
- Stall fee paid in full before start of the market
How much is the stall fee?
10x10 stall fee is $35 plus tax per stall, per market.
Truck stall fee is $70 plus tax per stall, per market.
What must I submit with my application?
- Application form
- Vendor Waiver and Indemnity Form
- Vendor Rules & Regulations
- Copy of your business insurance (unless purchasing from the Urban Market on a per market basis)
You can download the forms from the Vendor Information page.
Where do I get insurance?
Speak to your insurance provider to see if your business is already covered for this type of event.
The Alberta Farmers Market Association offers reasonable insurance rates to members.
The Urban Market now offers vendors the option to purchase insurance on a per market basis for $23.00 plus GST
What equipment do I need?
- A 10' x 10' commercial grade tent
- Weights (25-50lbs per tent leg)
- Folding table(s)
- Signage with business name
Can I rent a tent?
Yes, we have started to offer tent rentals at a rate of $50 (fifty dollars) plus GST per market. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and limited to one per vendor per market.
Do I have to sign up for all the markets?
No, vendors can sign up for any number of markets based on their availability; however, priority will be given to vendors that commit to the entire season.