2018 Alberta Winter Games
As a result of a successful bid to the Alberta Sport Connection, the 2018 Alberta Winter Games are coming to Wood Buffalo.
The deadline to apply for board Co-chair and Director positions has been extended to March 12.
Oversight of the Games will be provided by a volunteer Board of Directors, for which a recruitment process has begun. Following the application period, Council will select two Co-Chairs for the Board; the Co-Chairs will work with Council’s Selection Committee to identify and recommend the appointment of candidates to Council for each of the Director positions
The time commitment for each position will range from 10 to 20 (peak times) hours per month, from March 2016 to August 2018.
Detailed descriptions of each position are available below. Applications must be sent to Legal and Legislative Services by March 12, 2016. Completed applications can be returned to:
Legal and Legislative Services
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
7th Floor, 9909 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2K4
Fax: 780-743-7028 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select titles to download full position descriptions.
- Director of Administration and Finance
- Director of Athletes Village and Food Services
- Director of Culture, Ceremonies, and Protocol
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Information Technology and Communications
- Director of Media and Communications
- Director of Safety and Security
- Director of Sport
- Director of Tourism and Visitors’ Experience
- Director of Transportation and Cartage
- Director of Volunteer Workforce
- Friends of the Games Director