Seniors Support Services: Elder Abuse
Elder abuse is any deliberate action or lack of action that causes harm to an older person. It can take many forms.
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Financial Abuse
- Psychological Abuse
- Spiritual Abuse
Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Network
What is AEAAN?
The Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Network is a network of Albertans dedicated to increasing awareness and supporting a community response to elder abuse. Canada's fastest growing population is over the age of 65 and is rapidly becoming vulnerable to abuse that can rob them of their well-being, dignity and, horrifyingly, their lives. AEAAN is:
- a province-wide network of professionals
- represented by communities across Alberta
- promoting the well-being of older adults
- working to increase community awareness
- developing resources to address elder abuse
- strengthening the right to safety, respect and dignity