Phase 2B Waste Drop-off
Waste bins have been withdrawn from Phase 2B sites at this time. If any resident that resides in a Phase 2B area requires waste disposal from their residence of a household nature (e.g. furniture, soft furnishings, etc.), the Municipality will waive tipping fees if they provide proof of residence at the scale and use their own vehicle to convey. The deadline for this will be March 1, 2017.
The regional landfill is located approximately 8.5 kilometres south of Fort McMurray on Highway 63. (The entrance is on the west side of the highway.)
The landfill is open seven days a week, with the exception of Christmas Day and New Year's Day. The regular hours of operation are 8:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Fees for the disposal of solid waste at the landfill are outlined in the Utility Rates Bylaw as Schedule A.
Programs Available at the Landfill
- Used oil recovery program
- Glycol recovery program
- Propane cylinder recycling (up to and including 25 lb. units)
- Battery recovery program (no industrial-sized batteries)
- Tire recycling program (up to 24 inch)
- E-waste recovery program
- White goods program (refrigerators and other CFC containing appliances)
- Scrap metal recovery program
- Concrete and rebar diversion program
- Asphalt recovery program
- You can bring recyclable material to the landfill at any time without incurring entry or disposal fees
A list of acceptable materials can also be found in the Utility Rates Bylaw.
Tarp Your Load
It is required by law that every load being transported over a public roadway be covered or secured in a manner to prevent any debris from falling from the vehicle Bylaw no. 02/079. The fine for an obstruction to this bylaw is $150 and there are absolutely no exceptions.
Report a Litter Infraction or Illegal Dumping
Residents should report any littering or illegal dumping using the RCMP/Bylaw Complaints Line by calling 780-788-4000. Residents are encouraged to report any infraction they witness to aid in maintaining the local environment and community appearance.
For inquiries about the landfill, contact our office at 780-743-7947, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.