In response to COVID-19, the Municipality has transitioned to an essential service approach for Municipal operations. Please be advised of the following:
- Recycling Depots are temporarily closed and curbside recycling has been suspended until further notice.
- Curbside garbage collection will continue. Crews will now collect two bins of mixed garbage and recycling per house hold.
- All materials must be bagged and placed inside of bins (crews will pick up any two bins, regardless of colour).
- Collection will take place on your regularly scheduled collection day.
- Pet waste can be temporarily put into your curbside collection bin. Please double bag all pet waste and only fill 15% or less of the bin.
- Services for public and commercial users continue to be available. More information for landfill users can be found here.
Wood Buffalo residents have seven convenient, clean and easy-to-use Recycling Depots throughout Fort McMurray. Click the Recycling Depot location nearest you for a location map.
All Recycling Depots are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except the Landfill Depot, which is open from 8:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. year round, except Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Franklin Avenue Depot
- Gregoire Depot
- MacDonald Island Depot
- Saprae Creek Depot
- Thickwood Depot
- Timberlea Depot
- Landfill Depot
9601 Franklin Avenue
424 Gregoire Drive
(on the site of the Quality Hotel)
131 Signal Road
(Behind Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce building in Thickwood Shopping Plaza)
400 Brett Drive
(Beside Telus building and tennis courts on Brett Drive, off Confederation Way at Mac's convenience store)
151 MacDonald Drive
(Off MacDonald Drive, then turn left immediately)
Freestone Way at Community Lane
Highway 63 South
(Approximately 1 km south of the city limit)