WOOSH! A Ride Worth Taking
We’ve done it again. On Sept. 5, 2016, we made more improvements to transit. You continue to provide us with great feedback, so we continue to modify our service to meet your needs and get you to where you are going — sooner.
Express Routes 15 and 16 (Timberlea and Thickwood) Changed Oct. 2
On Sept 23, 2016, we announced additional improvements to the Timberlea and Thickwood Express routes that took effect Oct. 2. Transit stops along Route 15 (Timberlea) and Route 16 (Thickwood) were moved off of Thickwood Boulevard and Confederation Way to adjacent residential streets to facilitate connections to other routes, avoid traffic disruptions along the main arteries and enhance safety. You can view the new schedules and maps for Route 15 (Timberlea Express) and Route 16 (Thickwood Express).
Additional Highlights of the Updated Service
- Improved high school and junior high school service to get students to schools more efficiently and safely, including service to Abasand, Beacon Hill and Grayling Terrace.
- Increased service to every half hour along Routes 1 and 2 during peak hours – approximately 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Staggered scheduling of Routes 10 and 11 to provide service from downtown to Gregoire every 15 minutes.
- Airport Shuttle (Route 11) service to the Fort McMurray International Airport every thirty minutes from 5 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., seven days a week from the Main-and-Franklin terminal.
- Updated routing for the Airport Shuttle (Route 11), which will terminate at TaigaNova to provide increased hotel service.
- The Airport Shuttle connects with the Routes 15 and 16 downtown, and will take residents to and from Thickwood and Timberlea with one transfer.
- Specific community routes will now be offered hourly, with service for some routes ending by 11 p.m.
- Some routes have been eliminated, reduced or combined with other routes to provide more effective service and create a more sustainable transit system for all residents.
Printed schedules booklets do not reflect the updated system. Residents are able to review or print our online route maps and schedules.
The future of transit will be driven by ridership. Your feedback will help us create easy to understand schedules, cut down on transfers, create efficiency and get you to where you are going – sooner.
Residents can call or email Transit Services for information, questions and feedback about the updated schedule and routes:
- Transit Call Centre Line: 780-743-7931, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pulse Call Line: 780-743-7000 (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Email email@example.com
As our community continues to change, we plan to make regular updates to our transit services.
Stay tuned for information about our upcoming Stuff-a-Bus campaign to raise donations for the Wood Buffalo Food Bank.