WOOSH! A Ride Worth Taking
On July 4, 2016, the Municipality made significant updates to transit schedules and routes. We heard from residents, and know you want to get where you are going, sooner. This means more direct routes and extended hours of service. After the May wildfire, some parts of our community remain closed for public access, which has affected transit routes in those areas, updates to those services will be made available when possible.
Highlights of the Updated Service
- Express service to the Fort McMurray International Airport every thirty minutes from 5 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., seven days a week from the Main-and-Franklin terminal.
- New transit routes connecting Timberlea (Route 15 - formerly Route 101) and Thickwood (Route 16 - formerly Route 102) via clockwise and counter-clockwise loops with key stops along the way. Both routes begin and end at the Main-and-Franklin terminal and will run every thirty minutes, seven days a week.
- Airport express connects with the Routes 15 and 16 that will take residents to and from Thickwood and Timberlea with one transfer.
- Specific community routes will now be offered hourly, with service ending by 11 p.m.
- Buses will have more effective route signage displayed, ensuring you know which direction a bus is traveling.
- Most route numbers have been kept the same for consistency and ease of use.
Printed schedules booklets do not reflect the updated system. Residents are able to review or print online routes and schedules.
The future of transit will be driven by ridership. Your feedback will help us create easy to understand schedules, cut down on transfers, create efficiencies and get you to where you are going – sooner.
Residents can call or email Transit Services for information, questions and feedback about the updated schedule and routes:
- Phone: 780-747-2044 (ext. 104) from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pulse Call Line: 780-743-7000 (evenings, weekends and holidays)
As our community continues to change, we plan to provide regular updates to our transit services. The next update will be made by early September 2016.
Stay tuned for School Special updates to roll out in September.