WOOSH! A Ride Worth Taking
Service Updates Effective Dec. 12, 2016
As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable transit, we are making quarterly updates to keep our service current and effective. On Dec. 12, new updates to routes and schedules will take effect. Please be sure to check the new schedules to plan your next trip and adjust for any changes to service that may affect you.
- New service in Timberlea via Route 17 (Parsons Creek/Morgan Heights) – a consolidation of Routes 3 (Morgan Heights) and 13 (Heritage Hills)
- Extended service to Waterways and Longboat Landing via Route 91 (Downtown East)
- Additional runs in the morning and afternoon on Route 4 (Abasand and Beacon Hill)
- Reduction in service – fewer trips or eliminated weekend service – on the following routes: 2, 10, 11, 12, 15, 31, 41, 51, 61, 91 and 92.
- Holiday service update – Routes 11 (Airport Shuttle), 15 (Timberlea Express) and 16 (Thickwood Express) will be the only service in operation on Dec, 25, Dec. 26, Jan. 1, and statutory holidays.
- Printed schedules are due to be released early in the new year.
- Also in the new year, route information and schedules will be installed in bus shelters throughout Fort McMurray for convenient access and easier planning.
New Printed Schedule Booklets in 2017
The current printed schedules booklets will not reflect the updated system, however a new printed schedule will be available early in 2017. Residents are able to review or print online route maps and schedules.
Once ready, printed schedule booklets will be available at the following locations:
- Jubilee Centre – 9909 Franklin Ave.
- Keyano College Bookstore – 8115 Franklin Ave.
- MacDonald Island Park – 1 C.A. Knight Way
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 108 Wolverine Dr.
- South Operations Centre (SOC) – 140 Airport Rd.
- Timberlea Landing – 309 Powder Dr.
Feedback and Questions
The future of transit will be driven by ridership. Your feedback will help us create easy to understand schedules, cut down on transfers, create efficiency and get you to where you are going sooner.
Residents can call or email Transit Services for information, questions and feedback about the updated schedule and routes:
- Transit Call Centre Line: 780-743-7931, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pulse Call Line: 780-743-7000 (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stuff-A-Bus campaign is now closed for 2016. Stay tuned for an announcement in late 2017 for the next Stuff-A-Bus event.