Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board
The Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board provides information, advice and mediation services for landlords and tenants. Our vision is to: "Encourage Landlords and Tenants to work together to resolve issues."
Useful Forms for Landlords and Tenants
(For Wood Buffalo residents and property owners)
What we Do
- Receive complaints and mediate disputes between landlords and tenants at no cost.
- Educate and advise landlords and tenants concerning rental practices, rights and remedies based on The Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act of Alberta.
- Receive inquiries either over the phone, by appointment, or on a drop-in basis.
- Distribute materials such as lease agreements and inspection reports.
What we don't do
- Enforce the legislation
- Inspect rental units
- Act as a collection agency for landlords and tenants
- Force tenants or landlords to comply
Landlord and Tenant Coordinator
9909 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 2K4
Phone : 780-743-7888
Fax : 780-743-7937
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Links & Resources
Alberta Queen's Printer
Alberta Queen’s Printer is the official publisher of Alberta’s laws and the Alberta Gazette. Click the following link for an online version of Alberta's Residential Tenancies Act.
Click the following link for an online version of Alberta's Public Health Act Housing Regulations
Centre For Public Legal Education Alberta
The Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta (CPLEA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to help people understand the law as it affects their everyday lives. They develop plain language booklets, presentations, and other learning materials to help people recognize and respond to their legal rights and responsibilities.
For information and tips on navigating Alberta's Residential Tenancies Act please see their website. www.cplea.ca/publications/
In addition the CPLEA operates a seperate website dedicated to helping Alberta residents understand housing law in plain language.
Service Alberta has a wealth of information and resources for residents of Alberta.Useful publications such as Information for Landlords, Information for Tenants and the RTA Handbook.
Alberta Residential Landlord Association (ARLA)
The ARLA provides Landlords with products, services, and knowledge that support the professional and profitable operation of their businesses. www.albertalandlord.org