Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board
The Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board provides information, advice and mediation services for landlords and tenants. Our vision is to: "Encourage Landlords and Tenants to work together to resolve issues."
Tenants and landlords are invited to the following information sessions at the Future Forward Building, 9717 Franklin Avenue:
"The rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants during an emergency or disaster," Tuesday, May 12, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
"Preparing your case for Residential Tenancies Dispute Resolution Service," Wednesday, May 13, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
What we do:
- Receive complaints and mediate disputes between landlords and tenants at no cost.
- Educate and advise landlords and tenants concerning rental practices, rights and remedies based on The Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act of Alberta.
- Receive inquiries either over the phone, by appointment, or on a drop-in basis.
- Distribute materials such as lease agreements and inspection reports.
What we don't do
- Enforce the legislation
- Inspect rental units
- Act as a collection agency for landlords and tenants
- Force tenants or landlords to comply
Landlord and Tenant Advisor
9717 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 2K1
Phone : (780) 743-7888
Fax : (780) 743-7937
E-mail : email@example.com
The hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You can order a copy of the Residential Tenancies Act and regulations from the following location:
Queen's Printer Bookstore , Edmonton
10611 98 Avenue, Park Plaza Building
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2P7
Phone: (780) 427-4952
Fax: (780) 452-0668
For any additional information concerning landlord and tenant issues: