Repair and restoration permitting

For information regarding permitting for repair and restoration of flood affected properties visit Repair and Rebuild page

 > Home > Municipal Services > E-Permitting


Login to E-Permitting

E-Permit logo

E-Permitting Login

Permit Fee Exemptions

As of Nov. 7, 2016, all permit fees and Safety Code levies associated with rebuilding structures destroyed as a result of the 2016 wildfire were no longer be required for in-person applications. Fee exemption for E-Permitting applications is available by selecting the Wildfire Fee Exemption option in the online application. [Learn More]

You can submit Business Licence applications, permitting applications, drawings and payment online with E-Permitting.

Business Licences

All business operating in the region must be licensed to operate. This includes all businesses from out of town. If you intend to setup a new business or work in the region, the Business Licensing Bylaw requires that you obtain a licence. A licence is valid for one calendar year from the date of issue.


Keep in mind that there are many different types of permits that may have to be obtained prior to commencing a project. If you intend to do any of the following you may need a permit:

  • make changes to water, sewer or storm lines
  • build or relocate a home
  • build/occupy an office
  • build an accessory building (e.g. deck/shed/playhouse/garage)
  • demolish a structure
  • locate/relocate a manufactured home
  • start a home business
  • start renovations
  • relocate a business
  • put up a sign

Alberta Permit Regulations require that a Building permit be obtained when constructing a building, renovating, adding or changing the occupancy of a building. In addition to the building permit, electrical, plumbing, gas, ventilation and sewage permits may be required when installing, adding, or altering a system. Depending on your project both a Development permit (which includes water and utility connection permits) and a Safety Codes permit may be required.

If you are unsure about whether or not a permit is required, or which permit you need, please contact Planning and Development for further information. Additional information such as construction details, site maps and business details will be required to make the proper assessment of your situation. You can submit an inquiry at

What Services Will I Receive for a Permit?

Services that you can normally expect to receive include: a permit, plans examination, inspection(s) by certified safety codes officers, inspection report(s), follow-up of deficiencies and/or unsafe conditions, technical advice, and a status report at the completion of the project.

Time it Takes to Receive a Permit

From the time the permit application is accepted by the development clerk, the time will vary depending on the complexity of the project, if all the required documents have been submitted and if there is any application backlog. However, the minimum time is five business days and the maximum time would be 15 business days. Please be aware that permits can expire.

Checklists of Permit Requirements

Please complete the applicable application checklists before completing and submitting any permit application. Please make sure that you have all the requirements mentioned in the relevant checklist for your project.


Subdivision of Land

Subdivision Authority

Subdivision and Development Appeal Board

Subdivision of Land Process

Development Agreement

Development Agreement Overview

Development Agreement Drawing Approval Process

Engineering Servicing Standards

Development Agreement Related Links


Amendment Overview

Amendment Process

Notification of Proposed Amendment

Licenses & Permits

Licenses and Permits Overview

Business and Commercial

Residential Licenses & Permits

Permit Types

FLOOD RECOVERY: Information and resources