River Breakup
 > Home > Municipal Government > Municipal Departments > Emergency Services & Law Enforcement > Emergency Management Branch > Preparing for an Emergency > River Breakup

River Breakup

Live River Camera

Image from River Breakup Camera

Watch the ice from a safe distance through the River Breakup Camera.

River Updates

Athabasca Ice Observation Reports

Observation reports and maps from the Alberta ministry of Environment and Parks.

Evacuee Supports

  • The Canadian Red Cross has a registry to support evacuees. To register, call 1-800-863-6582 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. MT. All evacuees should register.
  • RMWB Register Centres have closed. This registration was not necessary to receive emergency financial aid or to access other support programs. All evacuees should register directly with the Canadian Red Cross.
    • Evacuees who have registered with Emergency Social Services will have a hotel or camp room for at least 7 days from the date of registration. Emergency Social Services will continue to monitor the need for lodging beyond that date.
  • The Government of Alberta announced funding for residents affected by flooding. Starting May 4 at noon, you may apply online at www.alberta.ca/emergency.aspx. You do not need to register at the Casman Centre to receive this funding.
  • For questions, contact Pulse at 780-743-7000 or 1-800-973-9663.

News updates

Read all past news | Sign up to receive daily Community Updates via email


FLOOD RECOVERY: Information and resources