Artist in Residency
The 2016 Wood Buffalo Artist in Residency program invites local emerging artists aged 16 and older to apply to two mentorship programs:
- Program 1: May 30, 2016-July 8, 2016
- Program 2: July 18, 2016-August 26, 2016
Up to six applicants will be accepted into each of the two six week sessions. Local applicants have a choice as to which program they would like to apply for, or they can apply to both. Successful applicants will receive:
- Access to studio space
- Full mentorship opportunities
- A modest budget set forth by the Municipality for supplies
- Their work publically exhibited at the MacDonald Island Community Gallery presented by the Kirschner Family Corporation
Program participation expectations
- A commitment of 15 hours per week to the program.
- The completion of two original works created within the session.
- A 500 word essay on why the applicant would like to apply to the mentorship program, the benefits they hope to receive from the program, a description of their artistic process, and what they hope to explore
- Five photographs of five original pieces of work.
- A sentence stating which mentorship program they would like to attend or if they are applying for both.
- All contact information: phone, email, and mailing address.
We invite all community members aged 16 or older interested in the visual arts to submit a proposal on or before Friday, April 29, 2016, at 4 p.m. (Mountain Time) via email to email@example.com , or by hard copy to:
2016 Artist in Residency Program,
c/o Michael Beamish
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
9909 Franklin Avenue, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada