WOOSH! A Ride Worth Taking
Transit Awarded for Wildfire Service
The Municipality's Transit Services team has been recognized by the Canadian Urban Transit Association for its service during the 2016 Wildfire. [Learn More]
New: Printed Schedule Booklets
The new printed schedules booklets are now available at the following locations.
- Jubilee Centre, 9909 Franklin Avenue
- Keyano College Bookstore, 8115 Franklin Avenue
- MacDonald Island Park, 1 C.A. Knight Way
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 108 Wolverine Drive
- South Operations Centre (SOC), 140 Airport Road
- Timberlea Landing, 309 Powder Drive
Service Updates: Effective March 31
As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable transit, we are making quarterly updates to keep our service current and effective. Transit users can expect to see quarterly updates in March, June, September and December.
The most recent update to routes and schedules takes effect on March 31, 2017. Some school routes and School Special service has been affected by the updates.
Be sure to check the new schedules to plan your next trip and adjust for any changes to service that may affect you.
Summary of Updates Coming March 31
- New service — Route 9 (Cartier Heights/Brett Drive). Routes 12 (Timberlea and Thickwood Local) and 31 (Timberlea) will be eliminated and combined as the new Route 9.
- School service along Routes 12 and 31 will be serviced by the new Route 9 or a School Special. Affected school routes include École McTavish, Father Mercredi, Holy Trinity, St. Anne’s and Westwood.
- Changes in service to Route 16 (Thickwood Express) - some runs have been added and others eliminated to align service times with ridership.
- Reduction in service — fewer trips — on the following routes: 1, 2, 10, 11, 15, 41, 51, 91 and 92.
- Additional rural service to Anzac. In effect since early February 2017, Transit service from Anzac is now available on Tuesdays and Fridays. Rural transit is also available from Janvier on Tuesdays and Conklin on Fridays.
- Ride for free — Seniors 65 and up, and children under five. Available for conventional service only, and does not include SMART Bus or rural service.
- Did you know that Transit buses are wheelchair friendly? Our buses also kneel to meet your needs and make accessibility much easier.
- Printed schedules are now available. A supplementary map and schedule for Route 9 (Cartier Heights/Brett Drive) will be inserted into the new printed schedules in the coming weeks.
Quarterly Updates: Routes and Schedules
Transit users can expect to see updates to routes and schedules in March, June, September and December. We’re committed to making ongoing improvements to help you get to where you’re going sooner.
We’re also committed to letting you know about updates in advance so you can continue to plan your trips on Municipal Transit without interruption.
Feedback and Questions
The future of transit will be driven by ridership. Your feedback will help us create easy to understand schedules, cut down on transfers, create efficiency and get you to where you are going sooner.
Residents can call or email Transit Services for information, questions and feedback about the updated schedule and routes:
- Transit Call Centre Line: 780-743-7931, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pulse Call Line: 780-743-7000 (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stuff-A-Bus campaign is now closed for 2016. Stay tuned for an announcement in late 2017 for the next Stuff-A-Bus event.